Collects information on system usage and performance from many sources including SMF records, IDCAMS DCOLLECT and IMS logs. Provides archiving options to summarize, archive or delete historical data. Also provides reporting options to analyze past and present data.
Historical data is stored in DB2 databases.
Can store and report on z/OS, CICS, DASD Space, Tape, IMS, IBM MQ, DB2 and other systems. Client available to process similar data on System i (AS/400) systems.
First released in 1998 as a repacement for Service Level Reporter and Performance Reporter as Tivoli Decision Support. Renamed to IZDS in 2018.
IBM Product IDs:
- TDS V1.1 Program ID: 5697-TDS
- TDS V1.4 Program ID: 5698-TD9
- TDS V1.5 Program ID: 5698-ID9
- TDS V1.7 Program ID: V1.6, V1.7 Program ID: 5698-A07
- TDS V1.8.X Program ID: 5698-B06
- IZDS V1.9 Program ID: 5698-B06